Britain's On The Hard Road Now.

https://twitterwithbraincells.blogspot.com/2026/05/is-anyone-expecting-arsenal-to-even.html

I got bored of waiting for them a got my TV repaired, for all of £90. Which is significantly less than any of all those Hisense TV's which were suddenly stacked up at the nearby Supermarket/Big Box store. The sort of special delivery you might have found yourself nudged towards, if you have a touch of the Netanyahus about you.

It turns out my prima facie diagnosis was correct. A fluctuation in current causing a short-circuit in the LCD Driver/control board. As if it's someone's first day(!)

If I'd been able to find the replacement part I could probably have repaired it myself, for all of £20. However with it not being my TV if that 1% of doubt I had proved to be correct, I would never have heard the end of it.

The guy who did repaired it actually repaired the short-circuit on the board, rather than sourcing a replacement. So was able to do it in a couple of hours for about £5. However if you've got the skills to repair a stamped circuit board, then your time is worth something.

Having failed to fulfil its work commitment within an excessively generous they've now also got to find a new way to fulfil its commitment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Course There's More Than One Type Of Totalitarian Capitalism.