*groans* That Took Sooo Long!

https://twitterwithbraincells.blogspot.com/2026/08/i-cant-imagine-anyones-finding-it.html

Technically I think it only took the two days I thought it would. However those two days broke down into 45 minutes of work interspersed by three hours of waiting for a battery to charge. Then I got an energy sapping Cold.

Having started in a heatwave I thought it was something I could do as an hour here and there, as I had time. Then within two days of the hottest day of the year the temperature plunged and it started raining for the first time in two months. Creating a sense of urgency as new rust started appearing on areas I'd already stripped.

It is finished now though!

As I gradually uncovered it seems to have originally been painted a dark red gloss with a primer underneath. It had then been painted over with a white gloss.

Apart from the fact this probably all happened before I was born the rust showed through the white paint. So I obviously wasn't going to paint it white again. The obvious choice would be to paint it black. However everyone's garden gate is painted black and I wanted to be different. Not too different though, so I went with a light grey matt.

I have to say that I'm really pleased with the result. The grey actually has a light blue tint to it, rather like the sky on a cloudy day. I hoping that if any rust does show through it with add a sort of bluey-brownish speckled effect.

Truth be told, I'm not actually that into garden gates. The main look I was going for was; "Vaguely cared for." Or, at the very least; "Not rusty AF."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Of Course There's More Than One Type Of Totalitarian Capitalism.