Oh Well, Thanks For Playing(!)
https://news.sky.com/story/ransom-notes-in-nancy-guthrie-case-released-as-police-hope-writing-style-is-recognised-13568770
https://twitterwithbraincells.blogspot.com/2026/07/ive-finally-been-to-see-my-mothers.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43KiXbXAxRI (Monteagle Mountain, Johnny Cash, Mercury, Official Audio).
Obviously. I have a great many, unproven, theories about animal training. Particularly when it comes to the smaller, four legged variety who mainly interact with their environment through their mouths.
So my hands and forearms aren't currently burnt red from the Sun. They've merely been overwhelmed by Puppy Kisses.
I'm also actively trying not to train the Fox Kits I seem to interact with several times a day. Although I think any wild animal would be wise to be wary of any hazard it might encounter in its natural environment. Even if the greatest hazard the Fox Kits will encounter in their environment is me, when they've p'ssed me off.
Anyway. A good few years back, I think before the ISIL business, my Mothers texted me to say; "We're getting Kittens"
My response was along the lines of; "I'll be there immediately!"
As I wanted them to imprint on me. Rather like Phil Dunphy and his Ducks, in that; "Modern Family" storyline.
Alongside Kittens my Mothers also got Kitten toys. Basically a plastic stick attached to a bit of elastic, attached to a little furry lure. So when the Kitten would attack the lure it would spring away, creating hours of fun.
He who went on to become the Boss Cat of the house instead to chose to hide beneath a sofa. When the lure came close enough a tiny paw would shoot out, trapping the lure to the ground and dragging it to its death.
Since then our relationship has been based on encouraging that murderous instinct.
So when he woke me up at dawn yesterday he did so by nudging my sleeping hand up, so it presented as prey.
He then bit down on my thumb, as if it were prey.
This sent him flying towards the wall, with as much strength as the reflex in my wrist could muster.
It's not an injury, let alone an injury requiring medical attention. However if my thumb were a Rat's neck, it would definitely be broken now.
I couldn't be prouder!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnUmes_Eo7Y (Frankie's Man, Johnny, Johnny Cash, Fabulous, Official Audio).
Comments
Post a Comment