I've Also Been Working Hard On That Problem.
https://twitterwithbraincells.blogspot.com/2026/07/no-wild-animal-will-go-near-chlorinated.html
By which I mean I picked up two small objects. Then put them down again.
One of the objects was a large saucepan I'd been keeping in the gym. The other was a bit of a brick I had laying around outside.
I put the bit of a brick in the saucepan and poured Chlorinated water over them.
Initially no animal would go anywhere near them. However after the Chlorine evaporating in the sun for a while one Fox was brave enough to take a little sip.
The build up of Algae, along with that Fox not dropping down dead, means they're now going through about 3 pints a day.
Obviously this was driven by appeasement, rather than altruism. I thought an available supply of surface water would reduce the need for well digging.
It has.
However I'm now back into that moral dilemma of whether making life too easy for wild animals risks turning them into domesticated animals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjIP9EFbcWY (Super. Human. | Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games Trailer, Video Channel 4).
Comments
Post a Comment